Thomas A. Melville
Tom has been practicing law for over 13-years in Oregon. He was raised in the Midwest, graduated from the University of Vermont in 1989 and moved out west. After some time in the Alaskan commercial fishing industry he attended law school at the University of Idaho, from which he graduated in 1996.
He moved to Portland in 1997 and began work at the firm of Cosgrave, Vergeer & Kester, LLP. Tom handled mainly defense of personal injury cases while an associate at this firm. After a few years he decided to work for himself and moved to Gresham where he began handling personal injury and other insurance-related cases.
Finally, in 2006, Tom began the Gresham Injury Law Center. This practice is dedicated to providing Gresham and east county clients with top notch professional representation in all of their injury claims. Tom handles simple insurance negotiation as well as complex litigation in all the Oregon courts, including jury trials.
Areas of Practice
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Assault and Battery
- Medical Malpractice
- Motor Vehicle accidents
- Personal Injury
- Oregon, 1997
- Idaho, 1997
- U.S. District Court District of Oregon, 1997
- U.S. District Court District of Idaho, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1997
- University of Idaho College of Law, Moscow, Idaho
- J.D. – 1996
- University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont
- B.S. – 1990
- Major: History & Political Science